Tuesday, January 3, 2012

First Yoga

First yoga class of 2012 was Power Unplugged with Kate. Slow, stretching movements, while holding each pose a little longer allowed me to experience how my breath moved through each pose. I must say, I prefer this over power 1&2. Even though I break more of a sweat in Power 1&2, it moves a little to fast for my liking. Each pose feels rushed, where as in Unplugged I can really get into an asana, and then have time not only to adjust, push myself into the pose, but also to feel my breath, and direct it where it needs to go. I'm by no means saying I am quitting Kim's class, I am just appreciating the different approach to power. Also, Unplugged is a great way to start a week. I might have to start going to it on Sunday evenings, to get myself going to Monday.
The acupuncture I got that morning for my shoulder seems to have worked some magic as well. Dr. Zou only treated the left shoulder, the tighter one, and I definitely felt the difference while in table in yoga class. I still felt slight tightness in the left shoulder, but no longer pain. There is also a big difference between the two shoulders. I am going back on Wednesday for a follow up treatment, and will definitely have him work on my right shoulder as well. Now thinking of it, plank actually felt better as well. I wouldn't say I held it with easy, but my arms and shoulders felt significantly better, and I could really focus on my core. I'm not sure if I attribute that to the acupuncture or how Kate led the class and talked us through holding plank.

No comments:

Post a Comment