Thursday, January 12, 2012

Pavement

I ran on pavement tonight. In the Vibrams. The iPod nano said 6.7 miles in 57", seem a little to fast to not be a lie, but okay, let's pretend I am that awesome :) Well even if the distance is off, the time is correct, and I did four loops around Libery Park which I think are about 1.5miles a piece. Pavement is definitely something to get used to. It's been over a year since I ran on it, and the first time in toe shoes. Lets say interesting. It didn't suck completely, I of course prefer a dirt trail, but the whole marathon in on pavement so I better learn to like it.

From the park I went straight to power yoga, cold and tired and starving. Thankfully Kim was not there and her substitute, Yvette didn't kick my ass completely. Not to say that we didn't get a hefty workout, but I can still move my arms, and even my legs cooperated in class. Speaking of arms.... Drum roll.... I did side crow resting on only one elbow. That's right, ONE!! Not two. My ass was in the air, I couldn't get my legs scissored quite yet, but come on! My ass was in the air! Only on one side, concluding that my crooked buttcheeks do in fact affect my balance, or simply that one is heavier than the other :p oh yea aaaaaaand I was told I do a beautiful headstand! Boo yea!

There might be hope for me after all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment