Monday, January 23, 2012

Snow...

...is exciting, but slightly ruined my running plans on Saturday. Saturday morning, it was raining, but the temperatures were fairly warm, and as I said if its warm enough for rain, its warm enough to run. Except for in this case. I got to the trail to discover that its covered with ice, wet ice. The rain washed away what snow was on the trail and turned the remainder into wavy ice. Have you ever tried running on an ice skating rink? or a frozen pond? Well imagine that, now add ice waves to the surface and cover it with water and then try running up hill. Can't do it, can you? Neither could I. My run, which was supposed to be 9-10 miles ended at 0.5, when I got to a the first ice covered incline without a dirt path around it. After going over the pros and cons extensively... pros being me running, cons being me running for the last time before the marathon cause I slipped, fell and broke something, in an unusual turn of events the cons won and I went home without injury :) Conveniently enough Dawn spied my running woes on Facebook and invited me to the gym. So all Saturday was not wasted, and I still got 1.5 hours in of cardio. Other than that, unfortunately my activity level this weekend was low, especially when compared to my crap food intake :(
On the other hand I totally rocked it this past Thursday, running 8 miles right after work in under 75 minutes, which included a poop stop and running about a mile running slower with Dawn, and then Power 1&2 with Kim. I kinda rocked that Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment