Thursday, December 15, 2011

Model day

29F in the fog, over fresh fallen snow is definitely colder than 26F in the sun. I didn't warm up till past mile one. Regardless the lunch run was good. A little over 4 miles in a little over 40 minutes. The slightly slower pace I can attribute to the slippery path, icy patches covered with snow dust. I was, however, strong on my feet, even when Hijack barreled down the hill into my legs I managed to jump and keep running. I might've sent a few curses his way.
The trail was eerily beautiful. I wish I had a camera. The path was white from the snow and the trees looked frosty. The valley beneath my trail was filled with milky clouds so thick I couldn't see the southern wall of the canyon (pipeline, the running trail, runs approximately 700ft above the canyon road, parallel to the north face). I couldn't see the salt lake valley either, but my trail was crisp. Like I said, eerily beautiful and so quiet.

After round two at work, I barely made it to core yoga with D'ana. The class already started when I got there and I mustered the courage to walk into a packed class. Nobody flinched, they just slid their mats over to give me some room so I also could participate in the core torture. Maybe because I was late and mentally not fully in class, yet already out of work, thus in some sort of mental limbo, but the normally core kicking class seemed bearable. No, it didn't seem bearable, it just didn't seem. I was there, present, breathing, moving, but in most poses the body felt rather foreign. It was a rather strange state of being; I felt my muscles contracting, I felt breath filling my body but the pain was muffled, like hearing people talk while under water. The only pain I can't shake seems to be in my shoulders. They're so tight, that my normally favorite dolphin pose is uncomfortable. They even complained in plank, and in table I was pretty sure they would detach. Fortunately, I have many much $$ left on my medical cafeteria plan, so I'll be going to acupuncture this month till I use up the money. I have two things they can work on insomnia and shoulders, I might throw in hamstrings just for good measure.

Dolphin

No comments:

Post a Comment