Monday, December 19, 2011

I'm just tired

That's it. I'm exhausted. I blame work. And Christmas. I skipped on running on Thursday. I got home and felt more like taking a nap than running. I did neither the nap or run. I did make it to yoga that evening, which made me feel less guilty about the run. Thursday seems to long ago, I can't even remember what I did in yoga. I'm going to assume there was some A and B series sun salutations... Oh yes, there was a sub, Kimmy subbed for Kim and we did some side crow-twig-stick flow. I am proud to say that at one point I got myself into side crow with legs extended, and for a split second I managed stick. It was a brief moment, but made me excited nonetheless. I mean stick (Eka Pada Koundiyanasana II)! It didn't look nearly as pretty as the picture, but the fact that everything except of two palms was off the ground is reason enough to celebrate. So I'm celebrating.

Unfortunately, that was my last serious activity for the week. I sicked everything on Friday, but I feel there was a good reason for it. I, of course, cannot recall right now, what that reason was, but I am most certain it was a good reason for not going to yoga. I have no real or imaginary excuse for Saturday. I just felt too lazy to go running, and the air looked gross too. So I didn't go. The only time I left the house, was to pick up fruits and veggies from the co-op. The dogs weren't to happy about it, but my energy levels were low, and mostly I just didn't care. Sunday I finally dragged myself out of the house and went for a run. It was a little late in the afternoon so the winter cold started to set in, but that's not what cut my run short. I intended to run 5 miles, figuring Pipeline was above the inversion layer. Boy was I wrong. The inversion layer has migrated deep into the canyon. I cut the run from 5 to a little less than 4 miles, and still felt like a chain smoked a pack of cigarettes when I got back. My lungs felt on fire. When are we going to finally get some precipitation to wash away that crap that's been hanging in the air for weeks now. I am ready. Ready for snow. Ready for cleaner air.
I already cancelled running plans for today, between the inversion layer and the threat of snow I'll be staying indoors. Yoga this evening is my only goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment