Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Yoga for Athletes? Hell YES!

        My Tuesdays have, until now, been reserved for Kim's Power 1 & 2, however because of some scheduling conflicts I couldn't make it at six. By scheduling conflicts I of course mean, I was late to work and forgot my yoga stuff. Instead I finally grew a pair and decided to go to the Yoga for Athletes class with Abbey at 7:30. One, she subbed for D'ana's Power class on Sunday, and her torturing ways seemed appealing and I also convinced Tanya to come with me, so I couldn't bail.

       Her torturing ways in D'ana's power class, apparently were just the tip of the iceberg. The asanas didn't change much in the yoga for athletes class, you just had to hold them longer, and do them more. Abbey, also seems to have a thing for three legged plank. Three legged plank with knee to chest, with knee to one elbow, with knee to other elbow, knee to forehead, back to three legged plank. Three legged plank. Three legged plank. I'd say, my core got a workout. The class isn't yoga hard, at least last night's class wasn't. Its strength hard, core hard, fucking plank hard. I hate plank, and it appears I am going to have to learn to love it. Stupid plank. Plank Plank Plank. I love plank.
Three legged plank.

     I know its only time before teeter-totter will be dominating my yoga life. I can feel it in my bones, as I shudder at the thought of it. I have a feeling I'll learn how to lift into a handstand from crow before I'll like teeter-totter.
Teeter-Totter
     I did love the ass kicking I got in Abbey's class, however, and will have to switch one of Kim's classes for the Yoga for Athletes class on Tuesdays. I will stick to Kim's Power class on Thursdays, as that's my running day, and I'm pretty sure I am not ready to do Abbey's kick my ass yoga right after running 8-10 miles... Maybe some day. Probably same day I'll feel  comfortable in a bikini... hahahahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment