Thursday, February 2, 2012

That Damn Horse!

Why is it so easy to fall off that stupid horse? Its not like I'm a beginner, just getting started. Yet, a couple of days off, and flying to the ground I go. What the hell?! What the hell do I do. My run on Saturday was wonderful. There were ups, there were downs, I laughed, I cried, and after taking a shower to wash off the stink I actually felt good. Sunday I went to a great power yoga class with Abbey which kicked my ass in a good way. I was on a roll. But then came Monday, stupid Monday. Instead of my scheduled run and yoga I went to sushi with the father in law and husband. Don't get me wrong, I love sushi not to mention my husband and his father, but it seemed to have thrown me into a downward spiral of unmotivation. So this was day two without a run.
Tuesday was a scheduled off day, so of course I capitalized on that, instead of making up for the missed Monday. I made it to the yoga class though not to feel completely useless with an honest intention to go running Wednesday. However, Wednesday came and went, and not only did I not run, I had wine and way to much TV. Yes, it wasn't gorgeous out, rather miserable really but not freezing by any means. Yet, there I was sitting at my kitchen table explaining to my husband that since the heat is out I can't go running. You know, because somehow those two things are related. Yea, I've yet to come up with exactly what running and house heat have to do with each other.
So there I went on slacking, being glued to the iPad, watching crap I should not be watching. Lying on the couch in front of the wood stove instead of running. Watching a movie instead of going to yoga, just so about half way through the movie guilt could engulf me so completely I wanted to get up and go running right then. Even still the couch's gravity told me that 9:30PM is no time to be running. This internal battle of motivation vs. laziness is exhausting. Why can't I just do, instead of overanalyzing why I shouldn't. The minute it is more than 48 hours since my last run all I can do is look for excuses, scanning my body from head to toe just to determine, that no, right now I will not be productive.
Today I will attempt to get back on and ride that sucker. I will ride it right into next week. No more days off until Tuesday, even if that means I run circles in my back yard or worse... go to the gym! Damn you horse! I will conquer you, you gnarly beast, and make you my bitch!

Here's the running plan for today, before I go to Power w.Kim at 6PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment